cannot find wireless switch to turn ON on laptop

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Guest_shelly_*

Guest_Guest_shelly_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 July 2005 - 08:12 PM

hi there, i was wondering if anyone could help me.
I have a Advent 7038 laptop computer with wireless network, I have just got broad band and set my wireless router up. when i dissconect my wire, i cannot conect wireless,
it says i have to switch it on. is there a manual switch on my laptop or do i have to go into window to do it. i have looked all over but unable to fine anywhere to turn it on. and i cannot find any switches on my computer at all............please help,
shelly

#2 pogue

pogue

Minor Deity

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,093 posts

Posted 15 July 2005 - 10:15 PM

Hold down the fn and the f1 keys and this will enable the wireless.

once enabled you see a light come on the laptop, the 6 lights at the top, furthest one to the left is wireless:

Posted Image

#3 Guest_Guest_shelly_*

Guest_Guest_shelly_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 July 2005 - 05:43 AM

thanks everso much, it worked.
i am really greatfull thankyou.
shelly

#4 JackyR

JackyR

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 May 2006 - 04:14 PM

I have been reading the previous replies and think this might be the same problem I have. Does anyone know whether I can switch on wireless functionality with an Advent 7006? I have installed a wireless modem/router and notebook card. I can connect using the ethernet cable, but not wirelessly. Someone suggested Fn F2, but that doesn't seem to have had any effect. I'd really appreciate any help!

#5 Grasshopper

Grasshopper

Shaolin Grand Master

• Super moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,085 posts
  • Interests:Green King IPA<br>Cricket<br>Sarah Michelle Gellar<br>(not necessarily in that order)

Posted 28 May 2006 - 01:40 PM

Switching on the wireless functionality would only apply normally if the wireless was built into the laptop. Since you mention a notebook card, I assume that this is a wireless adapter? In which case they usually come with a software utility which helps you make the connection. Failing that they use the wireless zero configuration that is built into Windows XP.

It would probably help if you could give us fuller details of exactly what the situation is.
Listened for he cannot be heard;
Looked for he cannot be seen;
Felt he cannot be touched.

Posted Image

#6 amy1984

amy1984

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 August 2007 - 10:15 AM

I have an advent 7031 which has a wireless adaptor built in. The led to indicate wireless is not illuminated and i can't see an obvious way to turn it on??!!?! There are no keys on the keyboard with the same symbol (altho i have recently had the keyboard replaced due to faulty parts!). Any ideas welcome,

thanks.