• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Kimbo

Kimbo

Minor Deity

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,458 posts
  • Interests:Photography, 'puters, fishing, sci-fi, sleeping and doing naff all around the house!

Posted 30 March 2012 - 12:30 PM

Hello folks, firstly let me say that this may apply only to the early releases of Windows 7 and perhaps only to the 32-bit version.

I have an Advent 4211-C (aka MSI Wind U100), updated to Win7 and MSI bios.

Ever since I bought it the taskbar calendar (next to the clock in the bottom right corner) has reverted randomly to the wrong format ie. month, then day, then year.

No amount of changing to the proper UK format has fixed it for more than a couple of days and I've even checked that everything was okay in the bios.
Also, it made no difference whether the machine was booted up from fully off or just in standby.

What began as a minor niggle became increasingly irritating until I found what might be a permanent fix yesterday - a bit too early to say yet but........fingers crossed!

I came across a thread on another forum from a couple of years ago where the exact same issue was highlighted and the fix is a very simple one.
Even though your regional settings might be correct, a glitch somewhere means that Windows 'forgets' this and reverts to US format, so what you need to do is select any other region and click apply.
Now re-select the correct region and click ok.

Basically when first setup, the system needed to be told twice what your preferred regional settings were.
"'Feng Shui'........what does that mean?"
"it means, 'some people will believe anything'"

#2 Grasshopper

Grasshopper

Shaolin Grand Master

• Super moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,085 posts
  • Interests:Green King IPA<br>Cricket<br>Sarah Michelle Gellar<br>(not necessarily in that order)

Posted 31 March 2012 - 09:59 AM

I've never seen that problem and I'm running an early version of Win 7 32 bit myself. Let us know if the fix holds and if it does, we'll flip this into software tips for future help to others.

Actually thinking about it, you are a mod, so you can do that yourself! :lol:
Listened for he cannot be heard;
Looked for he cannot be seen;
Felt he cannot be touched.

Posted Image

#3 Kimbo

Kimbo

Minor Deity

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,458 posts
  • Interests:Photography, 'puters, fishing, sci-fi, sleeping and doing naff all around the house!

Posted 31 March 2012 - 03:30 PM

Hmm......yes, s'pose it would be better there.
I'll give it a couple of days but it's looking good so far B)
"'Feng Shui'........what does that mean?"
"it means, 'some people will believe anything'"

#4 Grasshopper

Grasshopper

Shaolin Grand Master

• Super moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,085 posts
  • Interests:Green King IPA<br>Cricket<br>Sarah Michelle Gellar<br>(not necessarily in that order)

Posted 08 April 2012 - 11:06 AM

Kimbo has confirmed that his solution has worked so it is duly added to the Tips section. :cheer:
Listened for he cannot be heard;
Looked for he cannot be seen;
Felt he cannot be touched.

Posted Image