Photo

Printer Epson Stylus Photo R360: Ink Dry?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Matteo Raggi

Matteo Raggi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 September 2008 - 11:11 PM

from an year i have an Printer Epson Stylus Photo R360, my friend selling it, told me to use it any month, to not get ink dry , but i was in travel for more of 3 month and when i'm back, printer don't want to print and ask me to change the ink boxes.
Do you have a good results idea to repair these ik boxes and prin again without need to buy others?
for example put head into hot water or clean with alcool or anyway something experience, with sure solution..

Link removed

#2 Mart

Mart

Minor Deity

• Super moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 09:39 AM

Have you run the printers own head cleaning function.

However if the printer is telling you to change the cartridges, it means the ink is too low anyway and you need to replace them.
Posted Image

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.

#3 Smurf

Smurf

Senior Consultant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 10:48 AM

i have always had epson printers, and if im right EPson cartridges do not have the printing heads on the cartridges unlike hp cartridges that do.

Try running the Epson head cleaning utility via the pinter properties box, and print out a test page each time til you get all the coloured dashes showing, You will probably need to run it multiple times to get them clean.

If this doesnt work, try removing the cartridges and reseating them to get trick the printer into thinking its got new cartridges installed.

if that doesnt work and you still dont want to get new one, you could get hold of a chip restter which refill shops use to reset the chips on the cartridges when they refill them.

Or you can buy head cleaning liquid, try your local printer cartridge supply shop, they will probably have it.

Hope this helps

Smurf