• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 redbart

redbart

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 08:42 PM

I own a BJC55 that I bought years ago and used only a few times. I have a need for it now, so I got it out and am attempting to get it working again. I put in a black ink cartridge that was old but was still in it's sealed foil pack. My new Vista laptop recognized it and installed apparently good drivers. The problem is that I can not get it to take in a sheet of paper, it pulls in the paper then beeps once and spits the paper back out with the error light flashing continually. Can anyone help me get this printer working again?

#2 marc

marc

Super Mod

• Super moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 01 March 2008 - 03:39 PM

In what sequence do the lights flash on the printrer? see HERE

From what you said it is a 'manual feed error'

"Computer are like air conditioners: they stop working when you open windows."

"To err is human--and to blame it on a computer is even more so."

#3 redbart

redbart

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 March 2008 - 02:09 PM

Thanks for your help. Yes it was/is a manual feed error, I remember this printer being very touchy about that when I first bought it. I simply started feeding it a sheet at various angles until it took it without error. It prints very nicely and the battery which sat unused for about 4 years is taking and holding a charge.

#4 jfarenden

jfarenden

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 06:32 PM

Hi there,

I am having exactly this issue with the same printer. Again, I've had it from new, but haven't used it much and it's sat in a cupboard for a good few years!!

I've fired it up and it just spits the paper back out and beeps once, with the error light flashing... this equates to a manual feed error.

Have no luck feeding paper at various angles... has anyone else got any ideas what to do with this, as it too nice a piece of kit to just junk!!

Thanks in advance
Jase