• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mirpurlady

mirpurlady

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 August 2007 - 12:45 AM

Is a "printhead" the same as a "cartridge"? Or is it the green electronic base that the cartridge fits in? My printer keeps beeping 8 times, indicating a "temperature error". I just replaced the ink cartridge last week, but now I can't get the cartridge to slide to the middle to check it. Any ideas?

#2 Chrisb

Chrisb

Super Moderator

• Super moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,361 posts

Posted 17 August 2007 - 09:35 PM

Hi, welcome to UKT Support.

A printhead is not the same as a cartridge, without going into great detail.

Try carefully removing and reseating the cartridge.

Is it a branded cartridge or a compatible one?
We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give.

Success isn't permanent, and failure isn't fatal.

DOWNLOADS PAGE

Posted Image

#3 lesle

lesle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 01:30 AM

May I try to help? I have two BJC-80s and had a BJC-70 before that; they all use the same printhead/ink tank combination as the BJC-85. There's a lot of confusion around the word "cartridge", even among vendors. So let's not use the word cartridge and use instead printhead and ink tank. Here's the real deal:

Printheads, the green container the ink tanks fit into. There are two types:
BC-10 (holds one wide black ink tank)
BC-11e (holds one narrow black ink tank, and one wider 3-color ink tank)

Ink Tanks
BCI-10 (black, fits only into BC-10 printhead)
BCI-11 (black, fits only into BC-11e printhead)
BCI-11 (color, fits only into BC-11e printhead)

Note there are two BCI-11s; on both the box and on the foil pouches in the box, underneath "BCI-11" it will say either "Black" or "Color"; futher, on the pouch, the writing will be in black for "Black", and in red for "Color".

Hope this is in time help.
----
Mirpurlady, just two weeks ago I had the same problem you have; the only solution seems to be to replace the printhead. I'm in the US; the printheads are no longer carried in the stores, I presume because these BJCs are no longer sold in the stores. One company, Office Depot has the printheads in their catalog for US $42.25. It might be cheaper to buy a new printer, or find a used BJC-70 (uses black printhead only), BJC-80 or BJC-85. The printheads are rated for 3000 pages at, doing this from memory, 5% ink coverage.

I also have the successor to the BJC-85, the iP90; ugh!, I much prefer the BJC-80.

I stocked up on printheads a while back; if you can't find anything in your area, I do have both a BC-10 and a BC-11e that I will sell, if that is permitted through this forum.

Cordilly, Lesle, Tallahassee, Florida, USA

#4 lesle

lesle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 01:45 AM

Forgot to include: to get to the printhead with the ink tank, with the printer off, open the top, turn the printer on, and with your fingers catch the amber-colored flat cable as soon as you see it, turn the printer off, and GENTLY pull it to the center.

"Temperature error" seems an esoteric way of saying your printhead may have run its course.