• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Bruce Grant

Bruce Grant

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 10:20 PM

I have a collection of several hundred *.cps files, taken between 2001 and 2003 with an Agfa CL18 camera which came bundled with Corel Print House and Corel Photo House. The Corel CD ROM is broken, the PC on which the software was installed has suffered terminal HD failure, and the camera has succumbed to salt spray on a round the world sailing trip.

I posted an enquiry to Corel who confirm that I need to find a second hand copy of Corel Photo House to view these files, but that there is no conversion option to another file format. Thought my luck was in when I found a Corel Photo House CD advertised on eBay, but when installed on a Win XP PC it wouldn't open the files. Could be the version, the CD was v.1, and the files may be v.2.

Is there any workaround? If this is a closed proprietary file format there may be no alternative but to launch a world-wide hunt for a later version of the software. The CD I need has a red background with a picture of a girl taking a picture on it.

Any info would be helpful, thanks.

#2 Grasshopper

Grasshopper

Shaolin Grand Master

• Super moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,085 posts
  • Interests:Green King IPA<br>Cricket<br>Sarah Michelle Gellar<br>(not necessarily in that order)

Posted 15 March 2007 - 09:13 AM

This neatly illustrates why I dislike proprietory file formats........ :very: Always better to save data in more generic formats.

It also annoys me that companies, having got users in these positions, wash their hands of the problem. After all, you can't tell me that Corel don't have a copy of their earlier software. :rolleyes:

But beyond tracking a copy down, I'm not sure what else to suggest. Anyone?...........
Listened for he cannot be heard;
Looked for he cannot be seen;
Felt he cannot be touched.

Posted Image

#3 markw

markw

Token Mac User

• Super moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,384 posts

Posted 17 March 2007 - 09:59 AM

my only suggestion would be to try opening it with as many different image-editing tools as you can find... just on the off chance that someone has incorporated this encoding.

IrfanView would be a good place to start.

followed by Photoshop, PaintShop, any Corel products you can demo, etc etc.

#4 Stevept2009

Stevept2009

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 09:08 PM

I have a collection of several hundred *.cps files, taken between 2001 and 2003 with an Agfa CL18 camera which came bundled with Corel Print House and Corel Photo House. The Corel CD ROM is broken, the PC on which the software was installed has suffered terminal HD failure, and the camera has succumbed to salt spray on a round the world sailing trip.

I posted an enquiry to Corel who confirm that I need to find a second hand copy of Corel Photo House to view these files, but that there is no conversion option to another file format. Thought my luck was in when I found a Corel Photo House CD advertised on eBay, but when installed on a Win XP PC it wouldn't open the files. Could be the version, the CD was v.1, and the files may be v.2.

Is there any workaround? If this is a closed proprietary file format there may be no alternative but to launch a world-wide hunt for a later version of the software. The CD I need has a red background with a picture of a girl taking a picture on it.

Hi Bruce, I have a copy of Corel Photo House and came across your entry. Send me an email with your address and I'll put a copy in the post. I have it installed on an XP laptop so it shoudl work.

No charge..

Regards, Steve.

#5 bobrev

bobrev

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 05:34 PM

Hi Bruce, I have a copy of Corel Photo House and came across your entry. Send me an email with your address and I'll put a copy in the post. I have it installed on an XP laptop so it shoudl work.

No charge..

Regards, Steve.

#6 bobrev

bobrev

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 05:38 PM

Steve,

I have the same problem as Bruce. Any way you could send me a copy. I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks,

bob

#7 jerome

jerome

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 05:05 PM

Hi Guys,
My girlfriend have the same problem on her Windows 98 duyng computer….

Could you send it to me too? It should work on her windows Xp new one…

Many many Thanks

Jerome

No charge..

Regards, Steve.

#8 Doug Watson

Doug Watson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 01:36 AM

I also have an AGFA CL18 e Photo camera which requires Corel Photo House. I am sorry to ask but i can't find it anywhere either. I am new to this Board and could use some instruction on how to obtain a copy. thanks.

#9 anita33

anita33

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 05:29 PM

Hi, I know this is a long time after the original post but I to have old photo's locked into this format does anyone still have a copy of Corel Photo House that they would be willing to share? Thanks